Interesting BFD discussion on reddit

Glen Kent glen.kent at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 00:41:59 UTC 2015

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/agenda.html -> MPLS WG was heldin
Sovereign on 4th March @ 1300-1400

http://www.ietf.org/audio/ietf89/ will you the audio recording for this
talk.

>From the MOM http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/minutes/minutes-89-mpls its
clear that there is no disagreement about NOT doing BFD authentication in
hardware -- similar to what is claimed by the presenter.

I think the hardware used was Broadcom. They have a few chipsets which do
MD5 and (possibly) SHA in hardware for BFD -- which i have been told is
pretty much useless when you start scaling.

Glen