Any recommendations for FXS/FXO hardware with Cisco Unified CME

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Feb 11 12:24:06 UTC 2015

You may want to ask on the cisco-voip list as it’s most centrally focused on that.

Do you mean with CM or CME (as suggested in your subject line?)

We have generally been abandoning the Cisco devices as they haven’t released an ‘open’ phone in many years outside of what you mentioned, sipura/linksys.  I’m similarly looking for a “good” handset of build quality like the 7940/7960 that doesn’t require CM, handles being behind NAT/nat traversal properly and can provision securely over a TCP transport.

We have been provisioning PAP2T for people who need the single ports and been using the Cisco ISRs to do T1/E1 where we can’t talk SIP directly to someone.

- Jared