Input Regarding Cogent and NTT

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Feb 7 08:17:07 UTC 2015

On 5/Feb/15 22:05, Bryan Tong wrote:
> We've been on Cogent for 3 years now.
>
> I have to say the experience has been nice. Good sales, great NOC. We even
> had a dirty fiber issue with their uplink (due to the MMA owner) and Cogent
> stayed on the phone with me for hours and got it handled before we hung up
> the phone. So great NOC too.

We pick up Cogent as one of our upstreams, primarily for who they have
on-net that others do not (or can be accessed "shorter" through).

We haven't had any major issues. The sales folk were persistent, but the
turn-up was good as has been contact with the NOC (primarily to get BGP
prefixes updated regularly).

We use NTT too, and a bunch of others, and the experience has generally
been the same, i.e., nothing major to complain about.

Then again, close to 70% of our non-African traffic is peered away at
the 4x major exchange points in Europe, and the upstreams only cover the
rest. So there could be some co-relation there.

Mark.