Checkpoint IPS

Terry Baranski terry.baranski.list at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:24:05 UTC 2015

On 6 Feb 2015, at 3:01, Roland Dobbins wrote:

> Which highlights the importance of broadness of experience, of
> knowledge and understanding of the experiences of others, and
> understanding of the implications of scale.

It highlights the importance of knowing what you're doing in the real world,
on networks that exist and which you actually understand intimately,
end-to-end. And maybe also of not working for vendors, since these two
things are often mutually exclusive.

> By their very nature, it's impossible to do so.

Nope. But in any case, I've violated what I said this morning about not
turning this into a big back-and-forth. (Sorry.)

-Terry