Checkpoint IPS

Darden, Patrick Patrick.Darden at p66.com
Thu Feb 5 13:30:11 UTC 2015

" Securing hosts/applications/services themselves is the way to protect them from compromise."

Can't go wrong with defense in depth.  I'd definitely throw securing routers in there, throw in firewalls, periodic internal scanning for idiot mistakes, audits, etc.

I still think IPS/IDSes can be wielded to good effect in several different scenarios--e.g. just before the core switch (or spanning the core switch) of a PCN network, alerting to anything going on intra vs. inter.

--p