Recommended wireless AP for 400 users office

Paul Nash paul at nashnetworks.ca
Sun Feb 1 14:55:17 UTC 2015

I have tried Meraki for a large deployment, and was significantly underwhelmed.

PF performance was poor compared to Ruckus, meshing was erratic, Radius auth only worked with one Radius server (a cloud-based service).  The final straw was when we were trying to debug the Radius auth problem with a Meraki tech, who started sniffing our network traffic from California or wherever, without us needing to do anything.

Can you say “security hole”?  Like “great gaping security chasm”?

As soon as they did that, I disconnected everything and shipped it back to them.  Never considered them for anything ever again.

	paul