de-peering for security sake

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Fri Dec 25 01:25:07 UTC 2015

On 12/24/2015 04:50 PM, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> Let’s just cut off the entirety of the third world instead of having
> a tangible mitigation plan in place.

While you thing you are making a snarky response, it would be handy for
end users to be able to turn on and off access to other countries
retail.  If *they* don't need access to certain third world countries,
it would be their decision, not the operator's decision.

For example, here on my little network we have no need for connectivity
to much of Asia, Africa, or India.  We do have need to talk to Europe,
Australia, and some countries in South America.