Broadband Router Comparisons

Rob Seastrom rs-lists at seastrom.com
Thu Dec 24 13:58:55 UTC 2015

> On Dec 23, 2015, at 10:38 PM, Lorell Hathcock <lorell at hathcock.org> wrote:
>
> That's a good troubleshooting technique when the customer is cooperative and technically competent.

... and has ethernet on anything in the house, which is increasingly a bad thing to rely on.  Got an iPad, a smart phone, and a MacBook Air (any revision)?  Two of the three have substantially no support for hardwired Ethernet.  The third requires an external USB adaptor.  "Go out and buy this $24 gizmo so we can confirm that your $29 router/wireless device is indeed crap" is a hard thing to get most people to do.

-r