Nat

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Sat Dec 19 18:10:01 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 7:17 AM, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
>> It's far past time to worry about architectural purity.  We need people
>> deploying IPv6 *NOW*, and it needs to be the job of the IETF, at this
>> point, to fix the problems that are causing people not to deploy.
>
> I partially agree with you. If people have learned how IPv6 works, deployed IPv6 (even if just in a lab) and came to the conclusion that there is an obstacle then I very much want to hear what problems they ran into. That's rarely the case unfortunately. Most of the time I hear "we don't want to learn something new".

Hi Sander,

I have multiple sets of clients on a particular subnet; the subnet
is somewhat geographically distributed; I have multiple routers
on the subnet.  I currently am able to explicitly associate clients
with the most appropriate router for them in v4.
How can I do this using only RAs in IPv6?

I'd be happy to learn something new.  Unfortunately, my
research hasn't shown me that there's something new
to learn, it's shown me that "IPv6 can't do that, sorry."

Thanks!

Matt