IPv4 subnets for lease?

Bob Evans bob at FiberInternetCenter.com
Fri Dec 18 22:30:51 UTC 2015

I see it different than Lee ... because, there are no new ipv4 addresses
they are all used. I have seen the same spam issue with IP space that is
sold. So be careful.

I have been involved in both leasing and purchasing IPv4 space. Like
everything else you want to check the mileage/usage and look for dents
before leasing or buying.

 No matter which method - verify you are getting  clean addresses before
spending a dime.

Purchasing can be a large upfront investment - leasing is a good option
for many.  We all know someday the space won't be needed. It's just a
matter of when. My advise if you have cash and time buy IPv4 space.  If
not lease and focus on spending the cash on newer gear that can handle all
the /24s and IPv6 prefixes.

If leasing, make sure you are dealing with a source that watches carefully
and can provide you multi-year contract optioned space....so you can toss
them away when IPv6 is it.

Thank You
Bob Evans
CTO