Nat

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Wed Dec 16 16:52:08 UTC 2015

On 16/Dec/15 18:36, Ahmed Munaf wrote:

> In addition to the limited concurrent sessions for ASR1000, we are
> facing some issue with many users how are playing online games! Nat
> problems!

This could be a function of the size of your ESP.

The 5Gbps ESP can handle 256,000 NAT sessions, while the 200Gbps ESP
will do 4,000,000 NAT sessions with a per-second setup rate of 300,000
sessions.

Of course, it makes little sense to upgrade if you run out of sessions
before you hit the NAT throughput ceiling, so other vendors may be more
commercially palatable.

Mark.