IPv6 Cogent vs Hurricane Electric

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 23:19:30 UTC 2015

On 1 December 2015 at 20:23, Max Tulyev <maxtul at netassist.ua> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> we got an issue today that announces from Cogent don't reach Hurricane
> Electric. HE support said that's a feature, not a bug.
>
> So we have splitted Internet again?
>
> I have to change at least one of my uplinks because of it, which one is
> better to drop, HE or Cogent?

Question: Why would you have to drop one of them? You have no problem if
you have both.

Even in the case of a link failure to one of them, you will likely not see
a big impact since everyone else also keeps multiple transits. You will
only have trouble with people that are single homed Cogent or HE, in which
case it is more them having a problem than you.

Regards,

Baldur