IPv6 Cogent vs Hurricane Electric

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Tue Dec 1 19:37:09 UTC 2015

On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 09:23:08PM +0200, Max Tulyev wrote:
> we got an issue today that announces from Cogent don't reach Hurricane
> Electric. HE support said that's a feature, not a bug.
>
> So we have splitted Internet again?

Was there ever an adjacency between 6939 and 174 in the IPv6 DFZ?
Maybe bgpmon or dyn can comment on information collected over the last
few years.

> I have to change at least one of my uplinks because of it, which one
> is better to drop, HE or Cogent?

I recommend You base your decision on metrics relevant to your business,
such as network performance, positive/negative experiences with their
NOC, support from your account manager, pricing, how easy it was to
reach them (local tail needed or not), etc.

Kind regards,

Job