Data Center operations mail list?

Rafael Possamai rafael at gav.ufsc.br
Sat Aug 22 02:03:42 UTC 2015

My 2 cents: I use it for other services and haven't had any issues over the
past few months, but one problem I was having with SES + Mailman is that
even though my account was out of their sandbox, I still had some smtp
errors due to "email not verified" which is annoying. So I had to tell
mailman to wrap every message, hence the via NADCOG you probably seen
before. Now that option is back to default by using Chris' server.

Their support sent me a canned message so I decided not to waste too much
time there. As long as 99% of members get their emails I don't think it
really matters whose server they are going through.

Honestly, most things out there are designed to fit the 95th percentile
scale, so if you are on either extreme, one is better off figuring out how
to adapt than to require the whole system to change, that is, if your email
server is blocking more messages than it should, fix your email server,
don't try to fix the whole world wide web.