Experience on Wanguard for 'anti' DDOS solutions

Nick Pratley nick.pratley at serversaustralia.com.au
Mon Aug 10 23:36:07 UTC 2015

+1 from me for WanGuard.

I have this running taking 2x 10G span ports of our network. We are able to
mitigate an attack within 7 seconds (local filtering where transit can
handle) and if it gets to the point that transit can not handle the attack
it moves the /24 related to the attack to a DDoS mitigation cloud.

Once setup correctly. very good product - it's been running for 8 months
now and hasn't had any issues. It's been very reliable.

Richard, I have always found their support team to be great. If I put a
ticket in it's always replied to by the time I wake up. Time Zone is the
killer here being over in .au.

Regards,
Nick