Experience on Wanguard for 'anti' DDOS solutions

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Mon Aug 10 14:10:14 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 04:38:40PM +0300, Pavel Odintsov wrote:
> We have some open source software for this task
> https://github.com/FastVPSEestiOu/fastnetmon :) Feel free to ask me
> any questions off list.

I can attest that fastnetmon is a great tool for dealing with high pps
or high bandwidth attacks. Pavel thank you so much for sharing this!

Yesterday I deployed fastnetmon at a small non-profit ISP in Amsterdam
(AS8283). From the start of the attack to actually dealing with it by
announcing blackhole route plus /24 wrapper (to draw traffic via that
upstream), only takes four seconds.

Kind regards,

Job