Super Core Hardware suggestions

Phil Bedard bedard.phil at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 13:04:08 UTC 2015

Do you need redundant control plane cards?  That's usually what pushes a device beyond the 2RU point.  If you do you could look at the ASR9004 or MX240,those are above your 2RU limit though.

The PTX1000 or QFX10K or even the QFX5100 might work fine.  You aren't going to find deep buffers in those boxes though.  Brocade may also be an option.

Phil