A simple perl script to convert Cisco IOS configuration to HTML with internal links for easier comprehension

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Fri Aug 7 16:15:24 UTC 2015

I was going to look at this because it sounded interesting.  Maybe some
extra things it could do would be to set div/classes in some parts of
the config to denote what it is so that the user could apply css to
style it.  That would allow user-defined color syntax highlighting of a
sort.

Another nice thing would be collapsible sections so if you're only
interested in BGP you can skip interfaces, or if you want to look at
route-maps, access-lists, etc.

The project looks a bit disorganized, but I only took a quick glance at
it so perhaps it does everything exactly as you intend.  Are you
thinking of making any of it into modules, or defining tests?  I like
the idea of running this as part of a post-rancid process, but it might
also be nice if it was a module that could be run in real-time on a
config.  Then I could have a mojo wrapper daemon that called it when
users accessed /configs/*-confg, or whatever and returned the parsed
version.

Anyway, I don't want to create any more work for you, I just wanted to
kick out some ideas.  If I have time I will contribute what I can, but
I'm already neck deep in some random projects.  I don't mind starting
another one, but I don't want to say I'm doing something and then never
deliver.  :)