AW: Mac compatible SFP+/XFP programmer

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Thu Aug 6 19:42:00 UTC 2015

On 8/4/15 3:01 PM, Jürgen Jaritsch wrote:
> I can also suggest you the Multi-Fiber-Tool from Solid Optics:
>
> http://www.solid-optics.com/tools/multi-fiber-tool/so-multi-fiber-tool-id1768.html
>
> Works great but I've never tested it with an Mac ... MacOS is at least listed as supported.

This looked kind of promising, but very limited info on their website,
especially pricing. I called and found that it ONLY works with Solid
Optics transceivers, and once you buy it at pricing from $600 to $900,
you then have to pay $300 per year or it becomes a (relatively small and
ineffective for use with anything bigger than a skateboard) wheel chock.

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Engineering - jay at impulse.net