Strange traceroute result to VM in EC2, Singapore

Glen Kent glen.kent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:28:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have two internet connections and can reach the VM in EC2, Singapore over
either connection.

I am doing an experiment for which I traceroute to this VM from the two
different internet connections (to really get an idea of the number of hops
between my local machine and the VM over the 2 different connections)

I have attached the output of my two traceroute's.

While i am able to reach the exact VM when i am on one internet connection,
i am not able to do the same, when am over the other internet connection.

Both are broadband connections out of the same office premises.

Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks, Glen