Bright House IMAP highwater warning real?

Robert Drake rdrake at direcpath.com
Wed Aug 5 14:45:26 UTC 2015

On 8/2/2015 3:53 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> I think the body text of the message should identify it as coming from the Bright House email system? I think it should be written in standard USAdian English, which that is decidedly not.
>
> Or perhaps the problem is that that subject line was supposed to be parameterized, and the number of bytes is missing for some reason. But in any event that is a common message to spoof, and the more bits of identity that are in it the harder it is to do so. That message format has almost zero bit of provider-identifiable data.
That's not even mentioning that the term "High Water" and even "bytes"
is just confusing to end users who probably don't know computer
terminology.  At best, they can expect calls to support over these emails.

OTOH, 99% of their users probably have an inbox full of spam and don't
use their ISP provided mailbox, having switched to a third-party email
provider years ago.  So the "Please" in the message might be
desperation.  Please come back and read me, then delete this message and
the 5,000 other spam messages. :)

High Water Mark Notification, bytes in the mailbox!

A new action thriller series coming to you this fall on TV.  Please,
please turn on the TV and don't watch it on Netflix..