Quakecon: Network Operations Center tour

tqr2813d376cjozqap1l at tutanota.com tqr2813d376cjozqap1l at tutanota.com
Mon Aug 3 22:28:05 UTC 2015

3. Aug 2015 21:38 by bugs at debmi.com:

> The WiFi jammers have an interesting MO. They don't throw up static on the
> frequency, that would also block their own wifi. They spoof
> de-authentication packets. I've been looking for a way to detect this kind
> of jamming because my WiFi sucks and I live next to three hotels, what you
> get for living in downtown Atlanta.

Blocking WiFi (jamming or deauth attacks) isn't allowed. The Marriott
recently got slapped with a fine for doing so. Tell the FCC that the local
hotels are doing it:

    https://www.fcc.gov/document/warning-wi-fi-blocking-prohibited

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/01/fcc-blocking-wi-fi-in-hotels-is-prohibited
    https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/jammer-enforcement