GoDaddy : DoS :: Contact

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Mon Aug 3 00:56:02 UTC 2015

Blackholing isn't what you want. That will still permit his source IP into your network, and only blackhole replies from your network, so the attack will still consume bandwidth. What you should request is a source IP ACL blocking that address at your upstream' border.

BGP is no help in these situations, unless you use a BGP-based DDoS protection service.

 -mel beckman