Quakecon: Network Operations Center tour

Laurent Dumont admin at coldnorthadmin.com
Sun Aug 2 16:10:37 UTC 2015

I recently wrapped up a 1300 players with gigabit connections where we
had a single 5gig link. We never saturated the link and peaked at
3.92Gbps for a new minutes. Bandwidth usage peaks on the first day and
settles down after that (the event was during an entire weekend starting
on friday). If I recall correctly, average was around 2Gpbs.

We did not have a steam/web cache and I expect it might reduce even more
the actual load on actual BW usage.