Windows 10 Release

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Sat Aug 1 12:23:21 UTC 2015

Just like the phone needs a google account, the computer might end up needing a microsoft account.  That does not make it *my* account nor require that *I* use it.  Like the phone, it will simply be to keep the computer in minimal happiness.

You are right though, and it would be nice it stayed a stand-alone OS.  It might end up being the stray that drives more people to an alternate OS.  Or maybe not.  i Things have required apple accounts for decades -- but then again -- I would not expect anything different from the iThing crowd.