ADSL Line Extenders

Shimon Hochbaum shimon.hochbaum at teliswitch.com
Thu Apr 30 12:59:02 UTC 2015

I second wholeheartedly the idea of wireless for this application, except that Rafael probably meant point to multipoint solutions: Trango https://www.trangosys.com/altum-ac or Waveip http://www.waveip.com/products/overview/ are 2 good options.

Line extenders supporting ADSL2+ won't do much good: the 2 and the + denote improvements in the short range, less than 5000', probably not relevant in your case. If wired is your preferred option, you might want to consider HDSL based products, which are meant to drive 1.5M symmetric over long distances, power fed from the 2 sides for simplicity, with ability to go higher when pairs are bundled. Adtran should be the 1st place to look at.

Good luck, Shimon