ADSL Line Extenders

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Wed Apr 29 12:09:31 UTC 2015

They're certainly real, still in use, and deployed world wide but most
commonly in rural areas.  They aren't particularly cost effective for most
scenarios, but cheaper than hanging even a mini-DSLAM to service 1-2
customers that are too far away from a cabinet.  Installing them is a pain
and keeping them running long term is an even bigger pain.  Certain models
don't work well with specific DSLAMs and/or in specific plant combinations
so testing with your DSLAMs, modems, and in your plant is a must.

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum
(678) 507-5000