vendor spam OTD

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Tue Apr 28 16:39:12 UTC 2015

As more and more "legitimate" companies exploit email as a free
resource I think we're going to need to broaden the definition of
spam.

Email is already on the verge of useless. And a lot of that is just
pitches from orgs one would, under old definitions, argue are not
spam.

So the question is whether spam, and we can quibble the word, only
email which is UBE or is it email which is rendering the technology
useless?

I think we've mistakenly via UBE definitions given out free licenses
to dump pollution in our drinking water.

If you don't think that's a problem right now that's ok I'll be back
in a year and two. I believe hearts and minds will change towards my
way of thinking about this, it's just a matter of pain threshold.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada