Peering and Network Cost

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Sun Apr 19 12:49:20 UTC 2015

There is a revenue floor where it doesn't matter how much or how little service is provided, simply having a customer period requires a certain amount of revenue.

Route servers, IXP Manager, AS112, route collectors, DNS, etc. all cost money.

Maintenance costs money. The organization itself costs money. Upgrades cost money. Racks cost money. Power costs money.

I'm sure I've left some things out.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions