Galaxy S6 is IPv6 on all US National Mobile carriers

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Apr 17 02:07:48 UTC 2015

It's my educated guess that much of Verizon's initially FTTH deployment used
BPON, and that access gear didn't (and probably will never) support IPv6.
So to get IPv6 they need to move the customer to a GPON-enabled access
shelf, which apparently requires a new ONT because their initial ONTs were
BPON only.

Frank