Multi-gigabit edge devices as CPE [TOPIC DRIFT!]

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:27:28 UTC 2015

There is no redirecting as all the hosts have the same IP (typically on the
loopback interface). Traffic goes back directly. You can even do priority
but I would not. You get host down detection as the route will be withdrawn.

You do not get server overload. On the other hand I am not sure I want such
feature.

I would use it to load balance the load balancers / web cache / ssl proxy
and it should be quite good for that purpose.

Regards

Baldur