Multi-gigabit edge devices as CPE

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 14:35:40 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Tim Raphael <raphael.timothy at gmail.com> wrote:
> L3VPN hand off is the only thing I can think of from the top of my head. But
> then, there would be no need to have a full table unless you had customers
> requesting a full table.

Well my interpretation was that IPv4 address space had become so scarce that
other methods were becoming more needed even on the high end edge networks.

> It sounds like the OP is looking for one device to do multiple roles where
> two/three different device types and/or sizes would fit better.

But that seems more plausible.

--
Dave Täht
Open Networking needs **Open Source Hardware**

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/N8mZ5F5iSPU