Meeting IRS requirements for encrypted transmission of FTI

Fred Baker (fred) fred at cisco.com
Fri Apr 3 03:44:21 UTC 2015

Dumb question. So this is essentially physical or link layer encryption. That’s fine out on the wire, but is decrypted in memory (if I understand what you said), and requires point to point connectivity to be any better than that. Are you aware of anyone at NIST or other places suggesting end to end encryption?