Tier 1 robust DDoS protection solution! No, not yet!

Ramy Hashish ramy.ihashish at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 04:54:28 UTC 2015

Due to the enterprise market demand on DDoS protection solutions - which
was initiated by a DDoS vendor, all operators in my country are trying to
deploy their solution as fast as they can.

As a result to the recent vendor's competition in DDoS protection, the
detection/mitigation time can be seconds rather than minutes.

However, for some reason tier 1 providers cannot keep pace with these fast
mitigation responses, not to mention the tier one providers who are only
providing the BGP-based blackholing for DDoS, this inconsistency will
finally lead to inefficient DDoS mitigation solution.

I have my own concerns about today's DDoS mitigation solutions, however I
need to know what are tier one provider's plans for DDoS mitigation?

Regards,

Ramy