BGP offloading (fixing legacy router BGP scalability issues)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 2 08:14:52 UTC 2015

On 2/Apr/15 10:07, Colin Johnston wrote:
> Open ranges as necessary and mention will will reblock if bad traffic seen.

Might be a bit too much work for a customer to figure out when access
will be granted or taken away. Would be for me, if I was your customer.

> It is called protect what you know is good and allow bad if documented and check if does not cause problems

Fine in you're talking about your internal users on a corporate LAN. But
paying customers?

Oh well...

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the issue, and when one is thinking
about how to save precious FIB resources, blocking "certain countries"
comes to mind. I'm just saying, from my point of view, that might not be
the best beak to cull.

Mark.