update

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Mon Sep 29 06:57:33 UTC 2014

On 09/28/2014 11:14 PM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> I thought all of the RFC-descriptions of protocols were taken to be
> statements that "if you do it this way, we think we can inter-operate"
> but at no time to be taken as "right" or "wrong".

Correct.  That gave birth to the original "interop" conferences,
informal gatherings of people to test out their implementations of the
RFCs that eventually grew into the full-blown conference we know today.

Frankly, this is where Mr. Stevens was instrumental in making the
Internet what it is today.