Match.com contact - Previously: GMail contact - misroute / security issue

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Sep 29 04:02:39 UTC 2014

On 9/28/14, 10:42 PM, Grant Taylor wrote:
> My wife is receiving someone else's emails.

Okay ... so someone is sending to the incorrect email address that is a
variant of my wife's GMail address.

The real annoying part is that someone used my wife's email address
(sans dots) as their email address on Match.com.  So my wife is now
receiving all the notifications that are meant to go to that other person.

> Specifically she is receiving emails for <first name><middle
> initial><last name>@gmail.com (no dots) when her email address is really
>
> I don't know if this is a "feature" or a "bug", but either way, it's
> disquieting my wife.  (Unhappy wife = unhappy life.)

*sigh*

So this is a non-RFC compliant ""feature.

*headshake*

Does anyone have any Match.com contacts?  I'll try going that route to
get the messages stopped.  (Including emailing postmaster@ and abuse@ to
see if they can help.)

--
Grant. . . .