Multi-port RFC2544/EtherSAM loopback appliance

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Fri Sep 26 14:51:06 UTC 2014

Group,

I'm looking for options and opinions on a cost effective, multi-port (6'ish port SFP/SFP+) RFC2544/EtherSAM rack appliance that can act as the remote/loopback for our field installers' portable RFC2544/EtherSAM enabled Exfo test sets.

I came across XenaNetworks XenaCompact which looks like it would fit the bill, but I'm sure there are others (save Ixia, Exfo and Fluke, which I'm pretty much excluding by default because I imagine they are likely completely out to lunch on price relative to the extremely simplified feature set we require).

Thanks in advance.