IPV6 Multicast Listener storm control?

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Tue Sep 23 04:24:56 UTC 2014

We have seen the same issue with Lenovo devices.  They all seem to have a variety of Intel chipsets.  We have not found a good solution other than updating drivers and/or shutting down ipv6 which we really don’t want to do but it is easier to automate that than to automate the driver update.  I will be interested in seeing what anyone else has come up with to kill these off.  In our case, the biggest issue is wireless clients that show this behavior because they really bury the access points CPU.  The switched network seems to absorb the load better.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL