upstream support for flowspec

joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Sep 18 23:57:08 UTC 2014

On 9/18/14 11:06 AM, John Kristoff wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:53:52 -0400
> Daniel Corbe <corbe at corbe.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there anything in the air about widening the adoption base?  Cisco?
>> Brocade?
>
> I've seen some suggesting that increased support, but even at Juniper,
> actions seem to speak larger than words.  There seems to be very little
> interest for awhile now.  However, I do know of some providers who use
> it, largely internal only.

afaik from some previous experience it was hard to know a-priori which
flow-spec route insertion was going to cause aberrant performance on the
juniper platforms we were using.

That's kinda ok if you use them since at least you can be aware of and
revert that if it proves to be a problem. but it's kind of handing your
customer a loaded gun.