upstream support for flowspec

Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr youssef at 720.fr
Thu Sep 18 18:32:29 UTC 2014

Envoyé de mon iPhone

> Le 18 sept. 2014 à 19:53, Daniel Corbe <corbe at corbe.net> a écrit :
>

> I was perusing RFC5575 after reading a presentation that ALU did
> (presumably during some previous NANOG conference).  Reference:
> https://www.nanog.org/sites/default/files/wed.general.trafficdiversion.serodio.10.pdf
>
> This seems like it would be a godsend for small operators like myself who don't have
> access to unlimited bandwidth and are put off by off-site scrubbing
> services.
>
> As far as I can tell though the only platforms that offer support are
> the 7750-SR and platforms made by Juniper.
>
> Is there anything in the air about widening the adoption base?  Cisco?
> Brocade?

Hi,

I've submitted a request through my Brocade SE to support this, but it seems they are not interested about it.

They claim their strategy is to achieve the same using SDN capabilities via OPENFLOW support.

In the mean time, we are sitting ducks with our traditional technics.

I read in an old NANOG thread (IIRC) that cisco was about to support this really soon on IOS-XR, but I am not 100% sur.

Best regards.