Scotland ccTLD? - armchair quarterbacking

manning bill bmanning at isi.edu
Wed Sep 17 15:03:02 UTC 2014

Perhaps a dose of factual information may temper this thread.
If we are talking about ISO-3166-2 - the basis for the CCTLD delegations, then:

1_  Scotland has no say in the country code selected.
2_  ICANN has no say in the country code selected.
3_  The choice is up to an ISO committee.

See:  http://www.iso.org/iso/country_codes.htm

/bill
PO Box 12317
Marina del Rey, CA 90295