Book / Literature Recommendations

Larry Sheldon larrysheldon at cox.net
Wed Sep 17 01:06:44 UTC 2014

On 9/16/2014 18:01, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Scott Weeks wrote:
>>
>>> On Sep 16, 2014, at 10:48 AM, James Bensley <jwbensley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> What is the single best book you have read on
>>> networking?
>> -----------------------------
>>

>> Paper is soooo 20th century.  C'mon, we're a decade and
>> a half into the 21st century.   :-)
>>
>> http://www.tcpipguide.com/free/t_toc.htm
>>
>> scott
> Experience the power of the bookbook:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOXQo7nURs0

And I will tell you that when you are in a dark wiring closet trying to
figure out how to "get into" an unfamiliar piece of equipment, a
flashlight and the right collection of paper is priceless, while the
cold, dark screen is worthless.

I think of this "paperless" idiocy every time I write "20 reams of
printer paper" on the grocery list.  For the first half of my life --
maybe a little less -- I did not ever do that.  Thanks, G*d, I no longer
by 8½ X 11 and 11 X 17 fan-fold (½ of that green-bar).

--
The unique Characteristics of System Administrators:

The fact that they are infallible; and,

The fact that they learn from their mistakes.