Book / Literature Recommendations

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Tue Sep 16 17:41:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 09:48:45AM +0100, James Bensley wrote:
> What is the single best book you have read on networking?

Elements of Networking Style, Michael A. Padlipsky, 1984.  How could anyone
*not* love a book which includes this in the foreword:

	Brace yourselves.  We are about to try something that borders
	on the unique: an actually rather serious technical book which
	is not only (gasp) vehemently anti-Solemn but also (shudder)
	takes sides.  I tend to think of it as "Constructive Snottiness".

---rsk

p.s. And anything/everything Stevens wrote.