Scotland ccTLD?

William Waites wwaites at tardis.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 16 17:31:11 UTC 2014

On 16/09/14 16:26, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> I see also a suggestion, credited to Dave Eastabrook (sp?) of .ab, which
> apparently stands for Alba, which I will assume has historical significance
> (the country name in Scots Gaelic, perhaps?)

It has current significance, as Gaelic is recognised as an official
(albeit minority) language. This is probably a reasonable suggestion.

The irony is that these kinds of infrastructure questions are so far
below the radar of the Scottish Government that I wouldn't be
surprised at all if its operation were outsourced to Nominet...