Scotland ccTLD?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 16 15:26:09 UTC 2014

I know that IANA bases its list of ccTLDs on the 3166 list.

Does anyone know if the 3166 secretariat has a preliminary choice in mind?
I see press coverage of ".scot", but of course that's not germane.

I see also a suggestion, credited to Dave Eastabrook (sp?) of .ab, which
apparently stands for Alba, which I will assume has historical significance
(the country name in Scots Gaelic, perhaps?)

What kind of timeframe would a new ccTLD for a major country roll out on?

Cheers,
-- jra