Per policy session cap on Juniper SRX

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Sat Sep 6 19:54:46 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

I have a Juniper SRX firewall and in recent times I did had issues because
one or other user doing an attack outside. Usually it is compromised client
machines which create a lot of firewall sessions in outside direction.

I was thinking of two specific things as fix for this:

   1. Can I somehow put a cap per security policy so that all available
   sessions aren't chewed by clients?

   2. We have very few clients who actually use firewall in outbound, rest
   all in inbound. This I wish to skip firewall in outbound but in my test I
   found it behaves strange. I tried with machine having inbound traffic via
   firewall. They ping and port 80 also worked but SSH just hung up as soon as
   I started. I see SRX can be used in unidirectional setup but somehow it
   fails in my case.

Any suggestions/advice/ sample configs?

Thanks in advance!

--

Anurag Bhatia
anuragbhatia.com

Linkedin <http://in.linkedin.com/in/anuragbhatia21> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/anurag_bhatia>
Skype: anuragbhatia.com

PGP Key Fingerprint: 3115 677D 2E94 B696 651B 870C C06D D524 245E 58E2