no more "Send through Gmail" option

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Fri Sep 5 23:01:53 UTC 2014

>If it really was more the former, there would be a "if your SPF
>records include:_spf.google.com, you can still do it" option, IMO.

Manager: So, you're saying if we just check the SPF record when they set
up the account, we could still let them do it.

Tech: Yes, except if they also use DKIM; then it's a no-go.

Manager: Okay, so if their SPF record includes Google's and they don't
have DKIM, then we'd be okay?

Tech: Yes...but if they don't have an SPF record when they set up the
account and then add one later, we'd still be in trouble.

Manager: ...

Tech: I guess we could do periodic checks for SPF records on their
domains and either disable sending or send them an alert if an SPF
record is created that could problems?

Manager: ...okay...and then it'd be okay?

Tech: Well, if they don't have DKIM to start and then add it, that would
also be a problem.

Manager: ...

Tech: ...but in addition to doing checks for new/altered SPF records, we
could also do checks if they add DKIM after adding the account.

Manager: ...

Tech: ...or we could just turn it off.

Manager: Works for me.

--