The Next Big Thing: Named-Data Networking

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Sep 5 15:34:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>   http://tech.slashdot.org/story/14/09/04/2156232/ucla-cisco-more-launch-consortium-to-replace-tcpip
>
> Can someone convince me this isn't the biggest troll in the history
> of the internet?

Not me. The description of the thing wanders inscrutably from a sort
of generalized distributed content caching (which is a great idea
readily buildable without any change in paradigm whatsoever) to stuff
that is vaguely reminiscent of the John Day BS which despite all
reason manages to suck in yet another networking researcher from time
to time.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us
May I solve your unusual networking challenges?