Vendor cert levels

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Wed Sep 3 19:23:16 UTC 2014

> On Sep 3, 2014, at 5:00 AM, Isaac Adams <isaacnanog at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Folks,
>
> I am trying to work out a strategy for vendor certification in our company.
> As a general rule, do you all fund employees certification and if so what
> kind of levels do you try to maintain as good practice?
>
> For example. NOC staff should be JNCIA and engineering JNCIP to JNCIE?
>
> Clearly certification does not usually reflect ability but it does help
> people feel valued and to maintain a basic level of competence.

Cisco discriminates against customers without certification and delays service and support to them as a result.  (e.g.: you can’t open a sev 1 case online unless you are “CCIE”).

You likely want to have someone with this access in their account to speed access when there are network critical issues.

- Jared